We're planning a holiday in March to Tokyo for a few nights. I've already sent an reservation email to Seryna Shinjuku for dinner. Hopefully I get a confirmation :)
Other restaurants I'm looking at are:
- Kanda, Minato-Ku for a Kaiseki dinner (Alteka Plaza 2F, Harajuku, 1-13-19 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku (00 81 3 5414 6561).
- Kobe Fuwatorohonpe for okonomiyaki (Manei Satobuilding 1F, 1-14-3 Ebisunishi, Shibuya-ku (00 81 3 3770 0816)
- Tempura Ten-ichi for tempura in Ginza (00 81 3 3571 1949)
- Sukiyabashi Jiro for sushi in Ginza 03-35352600
In my research, I came across a really interesting article:
- Land of the rising stars - Take a look.It talks about Michelin-starred restaurants in Tokyo and how some fantastic restaurants are quite exclusive and probably not even known to the Michelin judges.
Without booking, I also hope to rock up for sushi around Tsukiji Fish Market; go to a local izakaya; maybe eat at an onsen tea house. We haven't confirmed where we're staying yet. But it will be either Shinjuku or Roppongi. I am hoping Roppongi actually. It's just so much more homey and so much more trendy.
Apart from Omotesando, I have been told that I should go to Daikanyama as well for shopping. There are many smaller Japanese boutiques there... I'm hoping to see something that I've never seen before :)
Wishing you a fantastic weekend!