- Put flour into a large bowl and make a well.
- Warm butter, salt and milk until the butter melts.
- Break the eggs into the well and work in some flour.
- Add warm milk mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1 ~ 2 hours before cooking.
- The result should be a mixture like thin cream. If not, add more milk.
- For cooking, wipe the pan with some butter/olive oil, what ever you prefer.
Moist Banana Cake
125g softened unsalted butter
1 cup of sugar
2 ~ 3 mashed ripe banana
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
250g plain flour
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
A pinch of all spice
1/2 cup of milk or buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, banana and vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to the mixture, alternating with the milk.
- Spoon into cake tin and bake for 45 minutes or until cake tests clean.