Twitter Takeaway

Sunday 1 April 2007

300 with Popcorn at IMAX

Any excuse to tie my review of the movie, 300, with anything culinary so that I can put it on this blog! :) But I have to say, the popcorn at IMAX was the best I've had in awhile - just popped buttery goodness with just the right amount of salt. For those who know me, they know that I'm very picky with my popcorn as it is one of my favourite "foods". Remember those Nuts about Crunchynut Cornflake ads? My obsession with popcorn nearly runs as deep as those "Nuts". In fact, I liked it so much that, for the first time, I actually took it with me out of the cinema. It was fate as I later found out.

After we left IMAX last Thursday, Kevin and his fiancee were in Richmond and they called to meet up for dinner. Somewhere easy and quick. Kevin said that he would have been happy with just popcorn... I smiled and mentally noted to remember to pass him my popcorn later. So in the end, we decided to meet back in the city and went to Hawker's Cafe on Russell Street. My friends had their Ba Kut De with rice (Malaysian dish of pork ribs and tofu medicinal soup and Curry chicken with egg on rice, I had their Bee Hun Soup (basically vermicelli with crab cakes, fried shallots and vegetables). It's okay... Not as authentic as Penang Coffee House in Hawthorn or Nonya in Carlton.

What I meant to say after all that was I highly recommend 300.... I adored the movie... the cinematography, the passion, strength and bravery of the characters, and the music. The movie really gets you fired up about fighting for a righteous cause in one's life. Not only were the men strong in this movie, women were strong as well. Fearless... I want to be fearless and strong.

Go and watch 300 when it comes out.


Hawker's Cafe
213 Russell Street
Melbourne
03 9662 1867

IMAX
Melbourne Museum
Rathdowne Street
Carlton
03 9663 5454

PS. Happy April Fools Day!

No comments: