Twitter Takeaway

Tuesday 27 February 2007

New Food Blogs added to List

After devouring the latest on the Obachan's Kitchen and Balcony Garden blog, I decided to click through her large food blog list and found some gems, which I have added to my own list:

1) Bento News / Tokyo Food Page - The Tokyo Food Page is a complete guide to Japanese cuisine and eating in Japan. With great recipes, tours of Japanese markets, and tips on the best places to eat in Tokyo and Yokohama.
2) Blue Lotus - A Canadian girl eats her way around Tokyo and showcases her daily meal(s).
3) Kuidaore - Beautifully pictured and wonderful culinary creations by Joyce Lyn in Singapore.
4) Nordljus - This site is just breathtakingly beautiful. Keiko's photos of her life in UK is art. Her culinary creations are imagination.
5) Ono Kine Grindz - Detailed reviews and pictorials of mainly Hawaiian eateries.
I was so inspired by the content and format of these blogs that I decided to change the layout of mine. I tried to add a background image to my Title but found that I couldn't do it in Spaces. Oh well.
I also borrowed Maurizio Terzini's "Something Italian" from my Italian colleague today. She swears by this book. It's the only Italian cookbook that she uses. This was in preparation for a European dinner to be cooked at a friend's house early March. I am thinking of owning the dessert. I started to think about the Cafe Vue Chocolate Tart and searched for a recipe for it. I found a delicious one on Chocolate & Zucchini for Clotilde's Absolute Chocoalte Tartlets. I will attempt these on the weekend once I get hold of the tools and ingredients! However, if in the end the mains are heavy dishes, I will opt for a seasonal fruit pannacotta, using the vanilla pannacotta recipe in "Something Italian".

No comments: