Twitter Takeaway

Monday 22 August 2005

TOKIO - Moving SOON

Recently I saw one of my favourite lunch places' - TOKIO - lease going up to rent. I was devastated thinking that the owners had enough of running a Japanese take away. So M and I rushed over last Friday for our "farewell" meal. I had the ebi-don, M had sukiyaki done, and we had gyoza to share.. Should of had more!!! Next time... Anyways, I gathered enough courage to ask the owner-lady where they were moving to... polite way of saying are you closing down. She was a bit surprise at my questions, so I told her that I saw the lease ad. Then she said that they had a few options and that they were looking to move in November. THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT! So this is not the end of TOKIO... TBC! Just in case though, I would suggest you go there to have your "farewell" lunch!

21/03/2007 Update: They didn't have to move but their spot has been halved to accomodate yet another Japanese place. It has definitely lost clients.... but the Ebi-Don is still fantastic!

Tokio Japanese Cafe
306 Little Collins Street
Melbourne
Tel: 03 9654 1011

No comments: