Twitter Takeaway

Tuesday 10 February 2009

All out for Indian



My husband has been away on holiday and as he is not a fan of Indian, I decided to go all out for Indian food, while he was away. Luckily, I had a few willing foodie partners-in-crime.

First stop, the Bismi Golden Fork, on Elizabeth Street, near the corner of La Trobe Street. Unfortunately for me, the café was not air-coned so I couldn’t stand to sit there and have their thali meals. Believe me they looked delicious. Instead, I had to make do with the take-away menu and ordered a spicy eggplant curry (my husband doesn’t eat eggplant), very spicy…and two freshly made plain roti… I ordered the plain roti before I saw that there were many other types of roti, like onion roti, garlic roti – doop!

Source: www.yourrestaurants.com.au

Second stop the following day, we went for dinner at the restaurant of the same name in Brunswick. Oh boy, I was so excited when I got there that I was jumping up and down and clapping with joy. The restaurant reminded me of the Malaysian mamaks (Muslim Indian cafes) that I liked so much in Kuala Lumpur. Dark and a little dingy but the food on the counter looked and smelled tasty.

I highly recommend the savour dosai, lamb masala, and the roti tissue… (although it could be thinner).

Source: www.bismi.com.au

They’re having a Valentine’s Day special : 20 dishes per person for $20. That’s pretty good!

If you love your Indian or is homesick for Malaysian mamak, try Bismi.


Bismi
848, Sydney Road,
Brunswick, VIC 3056
(03) 9386 8611

Bismi Golden Fork
380, Elizabeth St, Melbourne 3000
(03) 96501834

No comments: